To post an Alert:
- sign into www.mydomain.com/wp-admin
- Click on Add Post
- Provide a title and content
- Check category "Alert"
- Optionally set the Post Expiration Date.
- Click Publish
- You do not need to edit access to the home page to post an alert.
- Posts can be categorized under multiple categories.
Maybe, depending on how the Post Widget is configured. If the Post Widget is configured to display the Alert category or ALL categories, then the alert will appear.
Q) Why isn't my alert displaying:
- Ensure that the article is published.
- Ensure the article is categorized as "Alert"
- Ensure that the publish date is the current date. Alerts are cleared at midnight.